Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• james matson 7 posts 77 karma points notactivated
    Feb 26, 2019 @ 01:10
    james matson

New to Umbraco - following documentation - preview shows nothing on screen?

I've literally just started out with Umbraco, and have had a couple of issues I'd like to clarify.

1) The documentation suggests setting up 2 empty ASP.NET projects attached to a solution. One called xxx.UI and the other xxxx.Core. The documentation then suggests to use Nuget to add the Umbraco.UI package to the UI project and the Umbraco.Core package to the Core project. However, when I add Umbraco.UI to the solution (with the UI project selected)) the package appears to already install the Core package as well. When I try to install the Core package to the Core project, I get the error:

The solution already contains Umbraco.Core in the project xxxx.UI.

Is this expected? How can I resolve this?

2) I am following the documentation to create a simple Home root node, and an About Us document type / content. I have completed this, but when I select Save/Publish, then Preview, the resulting preview screen is blank. Is this expected?

I have elected not to use any existing / sample templates etc as I wanted to learn everything from scratch. Could this be my issue? I have no Templates etc in my localhost implementation of Umbraco.

• MB 113 posts 422 karma points
    Feb 26, 2019 @ 06:04
    MB

Regarding preview - do you happen to have X-Frame-Options blocking iFrames ?

• james matson 7 posts 77 karma points notactivated
    Feb 28, 2019 @ 03:32
    james matson

I figured this out thanks, turns out I just didn't understand how Umbraco worked properly (I'm a beginner) I now have it displaying content OK.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft