Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josip 195 posts 662 karma points c-trib
    Feb 27, 2019 @ 12:09
    Josip

I need help to choose the right hosting plan from Azure

Hi guys,

I need help to choose the right hosting plan from Azure.

I have considered Umbraco cloud but my client from Germany need hosting with datacenter in Germany so I am thinking about Azure because i think that CD/CI will be much easier on Azure.

I will build this application with Umbraco 8, application will have more than 1500 images, more than 500 members with a lot of data, also members will create some news, events etc...

What would you take from Azure for that kind of application?

App service instance A3 with Standard databse (how many DTUs) or something else?

Thanks

Josip

• Rhys Hamilton 140 posts 942 karma points
    Feb 28, 2019 @ 13:32
    Rhys Hamilton

Personally, if you're toying with the idea of using Azure over Umbraco Cloud, I'd suggest using Umbraco Cloud.

The Umbraco Cloud actually runs in the Azure West Europe region, which encapsulates the likes of North and West Germany - so this should appeal to your client?

With regards to making CD/CI easier, Umbraco Cloud provides a lot of extra functionality on top of the Azure Hosting - such as automatic updates, Baseline, automated encryption with Umbraco Latch and team collaboration features. There's more information on all of this under their FAQs section.

If you're still not sold and would prefer to use Azure directly, there's a useful post on the forum here which provides some decent benchmarks (for V7 - but might still apply for V8).

• Josip 195 posts 662 karma points c-trib
    Feb 28, 2019 @ 13:43
    Josip

I would really like to work with Umbraco Cloud, even if its okay regarding special data protection in Germany , my client ask me what is his benefit of using Umbraco Cloud, he can see only my benefit of easier CD / CI. 400€ is too much for him (because he dont see what he gets with it) and starter plan wont work for him because its has limited node numbers.

Thank you for the link, now i think that i know what i will need from Azure.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft