Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Wouters 6 posts 96 karma points
    Mar 02, 2019 @ 21:00
    David Wouters

404 (not found) errors uploading image in v8

Hi, after a NuGet install of 8.0.0 in an empty project, when before doing anything else I try to create a new Product and add an image to its Photos, this fails with the following messages:

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/MediaType/GetAllowedChildren

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Entity/GetById

In 7.13.2 this works OK. A bug in 8.0.0?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 02, 2019 @ 21:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

I'm wondering if the image is either larger than 4 mb, which is the default upload file size in the web.config or if it's in a format that is not supported?

I must say I have not checked if the default upload size has been increased to default to a larger upload size out of the box with v8 but otherwise it's the 4mb as I mentioned - So you should check the maxReguestLength and increase like Jeavon suggests here https://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2013/6-easy-configuration-tweaks/ if it's setup to 4 mb and your image weighs more than that.

If this has already been done then could you please provide some more details about the image format you're trying to upload? And also do you see anything in the logs?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• David Wouters 6 posts 96 karma points
    Mar 02, 2019 @ 22:20
    David Wouters

Hello Jan, the errors appear as soon as I click on the big plus sign. I don't even get to the point where I can select a picture, so it has nothing to do with image size or format.

I hit the same problem in a project built from source code. Here’s the stack trace:

Umbraco.Web.dll!Umbraco.Web.Editors.EntityController.GetResultForKey(System.Guid key, Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.UmbracoEntityTypes entityType) Line 788

Umbraco.Web.dll!Umbraco.Web.Editors.EntityController.GetById(Umbraco.Core.Udi id, Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.UmbracoEntityTypes type) Line 318

and the value of the offending key is 1ad4e9a3-4ad5-476c-aba2-9602e34e323f.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 03, 2019 @ 09:32
    Sebastiaan Janssen

This is a problem with the starter kit. It's trying to find a start node that doesn't exist. We'll update the starter kit for future installs soon.

To fix it in your existing install, go to the Product document type, go to the settings of the photos property and into the settings of the media picker:

enter image description here

There you can pick a start node that does actually exist.

Note: you'll have the same problem on the Person document type and the procedure there is the same, select a start node for that media picker too.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft