Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• james matson 7 posts 77 karma points notactivated
    Mar 04, 2019 @ 22:07
    james matson

Installing Umbraco version 7 via Nuget

I'm looking to try out Umbraco and as most of the tutorials etc are aimed at V7, I'd like to test using this version. I have a couple of questions regarding using Nuget to install Umbraco.

1) Is 7.13.2 the final 7.x version available? 2) The documentation says to create 2 seperate ASP.NET projects, and add the CMS nuget project to one, and the Core project to the other, but when I add the CMS nuget package, it seems to already include Core? So I can't then install Core to the other ASP.NET project. Is this correct/incorrect?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Mar 04, 2019 @ 23:19
    Nicholas Westby

The core package is required by the CMS package. That's fine. You aren't going to break anything by having both.

The real point of the core package is to include only the assemblies. Otherwise, if you include the CMS package in your other projects, you'll get a bunch of cruft you don't need (e.g., the umbraco and umbraco_client folders).

So it is fine to have the core package installed into multiple projects in your solution. Just make sure you have the CMS package installed into only a single project (which will in turn require the core package, which is fine).

Is 7.13.2 the final 7.x version available?

It is the latest version, not the final version. There will be more 7.x releases even though 8 is out.

The documentation says to create 2 seperate ASP.NET projects

Does it? I imagine it says to create one ASP.NET Web Application project and one class library.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft