Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Owain Williams 480 posts 1412 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 05, 2019 @ 14:10
    Owain Williams

Finding audit of Umbraco Members

Hi, Is there a way to get an audit trail of Member logins, not user logins. I want to be able to say Member X has logged in Y number of times. I can't seem to find a table in the database that allows for this information. Is it possible?

Thanks,

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 05, 2019 @ 14:26
    Tim

I don't think this gets logged out of the box, but you could easily log that info yourself if you want to. You could add an extra table to log the info into and then add some code to your login controller to log that the member successfully logged in. You could also log unsuccessful logins as well to keep an eye out for hacking attempts and the like if you wanted to.

Mar 05, 2019 @ 14:50
    Owain Williams

Cheers Tim! That will be why I can't find the information! :)

I guess I will need to build something custom then.

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 06, 2019 @ 07:13
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Owain,

maybe our security package (https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/perplex-security-and-gdpr-package/) gives you a quick start.

The only thing you would have to do is add one line of code to log actions (per action of course). In return it will give you some nice dashboarding in the backend:

enter image description here

Hope it helps,

Jeffrey

Mar 06, 2019 @ 08:56
    Owain Williams

Thanks Jeffrey - after a bit of digging around the databases, we've actually found that there is a last login date available, we just don't have a count of how many times they have logged in but I don't think that actually matters now.

I'll have a look at your package as well though, could be useful for a couple of things we are working with.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft