Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten Andersen 2 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 08, 2019 @ 08:44
    Morten Andersen

Reactive forms - With possibility of live calculations

Hello!

I am very new to Umbraco. And have little to no experience.

I have read a lot of the documentation available, and watched a lot of movies @ umbraco.tv.

I have yet to stumble upon a simple solution to a problem we have at our company. We would like to create a form in umbraco, with the possibility of creating new questions of the same genre, and using the entered values to make a calculation.

An example could be a user wanting to calculate a price for items. The user will have to chose an item from a dropdown, then the quantity, and with the possibility of extending the form with multiple different items. And lastly calculating the accumulated price of all the items.

Is this an option in umbraco. Or would you sugest to create it in a different way.

Thanks in advance.

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Mar 08, 2019 @ 14:34
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

If you want to use Umbraco Forms you can probably create a custom theme with some custom javascript (from memory I had to target the form by form guid) .

Details are here: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Themes/

Failing that you probably want a custom surface controller and js - this is more code though.

HTH Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft