Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• phil 16 posts 119 karma points
    Mar 12, 2019 @ 15:15
    phil

Umbraco Migration issues from iis 7.5 to iis 8.5

Afternoon,

Looking for some help. I have been asked by a client to move their site onto an AWS web server. The current site is on a windows server 2008 using iis 7.5 with sql server 2012. We are moving the site to windows server 2012 using iis 8.5 with sql server 2012.

I have migrated the database and set up a new login in sql (rather than migrate the users over).

Ive set up a new site in iis 8.5 the application pool is .NET CLR Version v4.0.30319 on the old iis 7.5 it was .NET framework v4.0.30319 .

Ive give the folder full read/write permissions and edited the web.config file to hold the new db details.

On going to the web address I get a 500 internal server error.

I just cant figure out what I am missing.

If I remove the web.config file from the folder I can get to a c# application error screen. Also in IIS I get an issue when clicking any of the site options in the feaure view, it stats they was an error and the filename:\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Radar\web.config

I have done a new install on the server as a test to make sure everything was working I also made sure I setting up a new datebase and all this works fine. I dont get the IIS feature view issues.

I think the issue is in the web.config at a guess.

Could it be with .NET CLR Version v4.0.30319 and .NET framework v4.0.30319 in the application pool? Could it be an IIS setting ive missed?

Umbraco version 7.12

• phil 16 posts 119 karma points
    Mar 13, 2019 @ 08:10
    phil

So turns out it was a machine key issue in the config file that had been set up, changed the machine key to the new iis key and works great.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft