Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• JoskerVemeulen 68 posts 262 karma points
    Mar 18, 2019 @ 09:07
    JoskerVemeulen

Disallow User to create item under Content

Hi,

I only have 1 navigation on my project. Alle pages go under the Home node. But I need to be sure the users don't add a node on the same level as Home. How can I prevent them not to create a node under Content?

• Marco Vezzani 20 posts 174 karma points
    Mar 19, 2019 @ 10:00
    Marco Vezzani

A simple way would be, once you have your pages under home sorted, to find all the document types that are allowed at are allowed at the root of your site then remove them from being allowed at the root.

That way the user would then have no document types available to them when they go to create a new page at the root level. But because you already ave your pages at root they will still be able to create pages below those ones.

• JoskerVemeulen 68 posts 262 karma points
    Mar 19, 2019 @ 11:48
    JoskerVemeulen

Hi,

I tryed this but when you have no types allowed for root. Umbraco suggests all types instead of none... bizar.

• Marco Vezzani 20 posts 174 karma points
    Mar 20, 2019 @ 13:58
    Marco Vezzani

I thought this had been fixed as I posted last year about this issue and someone put in a pull request for it

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/2740

• Rhys Hamilton 140 posts 942 karma points
    Mar 20, 2019 @ 14:54
    Rhys Hamilton

You can see from this merge that the pull request for #2740 was overwritten.

As it stands, the expected behaviour should be that if no items are selected to show in the root, then ALL items will appear.

From what I can see, this looks like it was designed to be this way.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft