Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• tobster 4 posts 74 karma points
    Mar 18, 2019 @ 12:35
    tobster

Rich Text/ Tiny MCE Configurations in Umbraco

Hi All,

I've been reading the TinyMCE documentation about how to tweak settings for the rich text editor. Now Umbraco handles these settings within its tinyMceConfig.config file but I'm a bit at a loss about how to apply the documentation into the tinyMceConfig.config format

I'm trying to change the default padding on indentation and TinyMCE show you how to do this:

https://www.tiny.cloud/docs-4x/configure/content-formatting/#indentation but I can't figure out how to apply this with the umbraco file as its a different format.

I assumed adding:

<config key="indentation">10px</config>

in the

Any pointers? Thank you.

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Mar 18, 2019 @ 22:08
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Tobster

I have made some tweaks to the tinyMceConfig.config file and changes are not always immediately visible - a restart of the site and/or PC is required to help clear cache, etc.

The customisations I have implemented are as follows:

<tinymceConfig>
    <customConfig>
     <config key="style_formats">
          [{"title": "Pink button", "selector":"a", "classes":"btn btn-pink w-auto"}]
        </config>
        <!-- Custom styles added to enable tables to have classes applied to them in the RTE -->
        <config key="table_class_list">
         [
            {"title": "None", "value": ""},
            {"title": "B/strap Standard", "value": "table"},
            {"title": "B/strap Standard &amp; Border", "value": "table table-bordered"},
            {"title": "B/strap Striped", "value": "table table-striped"},
            {"title": "B/strap Striped &amp; Border", "value": "table table-striped table-bordered"}
         ]
      </config>
      </customConfig>
    </tinymceConfig>

So based on my experiences, you should be able to place your custom config setting within the customConfig tags, give your site a kick up the pants, and away you go... :-)

Hope this helps

Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft