Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave Shipston 21 posts 113 karma points
    Mar 20, 2019 @ 16:57
    Dave Shipston

Image thumbnails not showing in Media section after upgrade

I've got a development site on 7.13.2 and a live site cureently on 7.12.3

The newer development site isn't showing the thumbnail images in the Media section of the back office, where as the live site on 7.12.3 does!

Has anyone else had this issue or, more importantly, know a fix?

The images can still be selected and added to pages and they show fine when viewing them on a page, but it just makes it slower when trying to find an image 'visually'.

Thanks

Dave

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Mar 20, 2019 @ 21:13
    Chris Evans

When you're browsing the media in the back office, trying opening your console (e.g. F12 in Chrome) and see if there are any JS errors?

Also, try opening one of the media images in a new tab from the back office and see if it 404s or throws a server error - might give you some clues as to what's going on.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Mar 28, 2019 @ 09:30
    Dave Shipston

Thanks Chris,

I've tried all of that but still no closer to finding out why.

My thinking is that the database has somehow go out of sync when setting up the development environment, but the images still show on the site and new images that I upload seem to sometimes show in the back office but sometimes don't - which is the bit that totally confuses me.

I'm going to try an upgrade to 7.14 to see if that helps but I'm not holding out much hope at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

• Edgar Rasquin 326 posts 925 karma points
    Nov 11, 2020 @ 11:23
    Edgar Rasquin

Hi Dave,

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thanks, Edi

Nov 11, 2020 @ 11:52
    Dave Shipston

Hi Edi,

Well... kind of...

In the end we put it down to a mis-configuration with the uSky Slider plugin that we are using.

Do you by any chance use this plugin to provide an image scroller?

If so, let me know as I've documented what we did to resolve this issue on our server and I'm happy to share.

Dave

• Edgar Rasquin 326 posts 925 karma points
    Nov 13, 2020 @ 09:41
    Edgar Rasquin

Hi Dave,

sorry, but I mistakenly read over that your problem is related to the thumbs not beeing displayed in the media section. Mine are displayed in the media section, but I have troubles whith the thumbnails not showing in the multi mediaPicker after upgrading. I think that my problem is related to the mediapicker2 not beeing able to deal with IDs stored in the db table. I will have to find a way of converting them into UDIs.

But thank you very much for your quick reply.

Thanks Edi

Nov 13, 2020 @ 09:45
    Dave Shipston

No problem, and good luck :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft