Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 21, 2019 @ 17:13
    Nik

Unable to create content

Hey All,

So weird situation here. I'm unable to create content any more.

My users is the primary admin account and has full permissions, I've also checked 3 other test accounts and all have the same issue.

When I click the three dots menu button next to any node I don't get the "Create" menu, instead it skips straight to the "do something else" menu.

Looking in dev tools I can only see the request to /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ContentTree/GetMenu (query string ommited)

This is returning a 200 response but the follow up requests of create.html and GetAllowedChrildren don't fire at all.

Looking into the response I'm getting null for "defaultAlias" when it should be "create". What I don't get is why this is happening. Anyone got any ideas?

Umbraco version 7.13.2

I believe I'm hitting the ContentTreeController and getting as far as PerformGetMenuForNode but I'm not 100% on this as I'm not sure how best to hook up a specific version of Umbraco Source to a website to try and debug it.

Thanks

Nik

----Update----

Things I've tried:

1. Clear Client Dependency
    2. Clean VS solution
    3. Update-Package -r UmbracoCMS to force a reinstall of the nuget package
    4. Delete App data \ temp directory
    5. Confirm user account permissions via GUI
    6. Confirm user account permissions via database
    7. Create brand new users and with create permissions and test with that.
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 22, 2019 @ 06:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nik

That's really an odd issue - This might be a long shot but I'm wondering if perhaps the disk is running out of space? I've previously experienced similar issues where the backoffice started acting up because disk space was running out so it might be worth to check.

I don't suppose you see any useful error messages in dev tools or in the log file?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft