Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Umbraco Beginner 10 posts 110 karma points
    Mar 22, 2019 @ 17:22
    Umbraco Beginner

Examine -Search uploaded media in specific pages

Hello Umbraco experts,

I am implementing Examine in my Umbraco site. The site has a template page where I upload multiple documents using multi media picker.

I was able to implement a search where it searches all medias of Node type: File. My plan is not to search all files but only to search uploaded and published to a page. When displaying the result, I would like to group page and files. This means displaying the page and all the uploaded files within that page that fits the search criteria. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Mar 22, 2019 @ 18:27
    Marcio Goularte

The only way I thought of doing this is to implement the GatheringNodeData and create a field that relates the files from the media to the page. In search then filter through the field. I'll see if I can make a pseudo code to show you how it might work.

But it would look something like this:

https://our.umbraco.com/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/38739-Indexing-Relationships-with-a-Examine-Extension#comment-142490

This example ignores legacy code and think about replacing

• Umbraco Beginner 10 posts 110 karma points
    Mar 29, 2019 @ 16:07
    Umbraco Beginner

Thanks Marcio for your feedback. It looks like, there is a lot of customization needed. To make it simpler, I want to search only the documents uploaded in that node.

As a follow up question, is it possible to set up ExamineIndex so that it only indexes the files uploaded in that specific page (node type)?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft