Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Whiteford 14 posts 84 karma points
    Mar 24, 2019 @ 18:14
    David Whiteford

Dependancy Handler Issue on fresh install of V17.14 and V8

Hi,

We have a site which has been running perfectly for a few weeks now.

Today when I logged in a few issues arose:

1) The "Get Started" tab was empty and I can see a call to "/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Dashboard/GetRemoteDashboardContent?section=content" is just sat there pending indefinately.

2) I added a new user for a colleague and when he logs in he gets a greyed out Umbraco admn panel with a persistant loader at the top. The Console errors show: "Cannot read property of 'element' of undefined." This is from DependancyHandler.axd.

3) I check my current user and my user works fine (apart from the issue mentioned in point 1)

Furthermore I decided to do a fresh install of 17.14 just to check if this issue was also apparent there, and immediately I got the same issue when logging into a fresh Umbraco install for the first time.

Out of interest I tried V8 0 and the same! (see screenshots of 7.14 and 8 below)

Anyone any ideas?

enter image description here

enter image description here

Thanks

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 24, 2019 @ 18:38
    Nik

Well that's good. I'm not the only one! It's frustrating.

Although I wasn't getting the errors you are seeing, my dev console was empty as was my Umbraco logs.

Mar 24, 2019 @ 18:57
    David Whiteford

Means I can’t start any new projects in Umbraco as I simply can’t get the admin panel to finish loading!

This is happening on both my development machine and the live server.

Anyone any ideas??

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 24, 2019 @ 19:30
    Nik

you can "hack" around it by right clicking and using Inspect element to open dev tools, then remove the overlay div. It allows you to get into the back office but I've not found a way to get it to stop happening.

I've seen someone else post about it in slack and it took them a while for the tours dialogue to open after which they were able to get past it.

If you turn tours off in the "umbracoSettings.config" file it might allow you to get past it as well. I did find that the "Getting started" dashboard also failed to load in the content section and I wonder if they are related. It might be that one of the Umbraco end points is down that that dashboard queries.

Nik

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 24, 2019 @ 19:54
    Anders Bjerner

This appears to be a bug caused by dashboard.umbraco.org currently being down, but apparently only when the user hasn't yet dismissed the default tour - eg. in your case with a new installation.

I haven't tested whether Nik's suggestion works, but removing the default dashboard worked for me.

To remove the dashboard, go to /Config/Dashboard.config, and remove (our outcomment) the following lines:

<tab caption="Get Started">
      <access>
        <grant>admin</grant>
      </access>
      <control showOnce="true" addPanel="true" panelCaption="">
        views/dashboard/default/startupdashboardintro.html
      </control>
    </tab>

I think it starts from line 65, but it may differ from solution to solution. I hope that helps ;)

Mar 24, 2019 @ 20:01
    David Whiteford

Thanks for your responses Anders and Nik. I will take a look.

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 24, 2019 @ 20:19
    Anders Bjerner

As the service being down shouldn't be able to crash the backoffice, I've created an issue for it on GitHub here:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/5057

• javafun 17 posts 50 karma points c-trib
    Mar 25, 2019 @ 01:00
    javafun

Cool, at least I didn't make any change caused my cms stopped working.

I deployed my solution to another server yesterday and could not get into the umbraco cms. I wasted a few hours trying to go back to different released versions to figure out what changes I did recently. :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft