Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brad Wickett 43 posts 124 karma points
    Mar 27, 2019 @ 13:53
    Brad Wickett

Lately the Preview function has been throwing the following error:

enter image description here

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1703: An assembly with the same identity 'System.Runtime, Version=4.1.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' has already been imported. Try removing one of the duplicate references.

Thanks,

Brad

Apr 17, 2019 @ 14:22
    Brad Wickett

Anyone? Has anyone else seen this problem?

• Dave de Moel 122 posts 574 karma points c-trib
    Apr 17, 2019 @ 15:25
    Dave de Moel

Last time I hit that error there were some caching issues going on on my development machine, deleting all bin and obj folders in the project resolved the issues for me. Also make sure System.Runtime is not referenced more that ones in any .config files in your solution and that you don't have duplicate namespace imports in any custom classes.

I personally have not experienced any problems with the preview.

Apr 24, 2019 @ 14:33
    Brad Wickett

Thanks. The odd thing is the exact same Umbraco instance runs fine on my local box, but throws this error in preview on the server. There are no custom references in any of the .config file, as we are running a clean Umbraco instance.

• Deepak Kumar 5 posts 75 karma points
    Jun 22, 2020 @ 06:19
    Deepak Kumar

Hi Brad,

Have you got any solution related to same issue as I am also facing the preview issue for unpublished content when deployed on the server.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft