Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• liran 59 posts 140 karma points
    Apr 02, 2019 @ 04:59
    liran

hi, i have a website with version 7.2.6. i updated to 7.14 and the /UMBRACO/ password not working.

i double checked that the password and user is correct but i get wrong user or password.

what to do?

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Apr 02, 2019 @ 06:42
    Richard Soeteman

You can always try Admin Reset which can reset the username and password for you. See https://soetemansoftware.nl/blog/umbraco-admin-reset-14 for more info

Best,

Richard

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Apr 02, 2019 @ 21:11
    Chris Evans

One possibility: Umbraco 7.7 introduced a new user management system, and some of the defaults changed at that point.

Specifically, it expects users to log in with their email instead of their usernames.

You can try either a) logging in with emails or b) updating the umbracoSettings.config file to switch it back to using usernames:

<security>
        <!-- set to true to auto update login interval (and there by disabling the lock screen -->
        <keepUserLoggedIn>false</keepUserLoggedIn>
        <!-- by default this is true and if not specified in config will be true. set to false to always show a separate username field in the back office user editor -->
        <usernameIsEmail>true</usernameIsEmail>
        <!-- change in 4.8: Disabled users are now showed dimmed and last in the tree. If you prefer not to display them set this to true -->
        <hideDisabledUsersInBackoffice>false</hideDisabledUsersInBackoffice>
      </security>

Just change usernameIsEmail to false and that should restore username log ins.

• liran 59 posts 140 karma points
    Apr 04, 2019 @ 04:56
    liran

none of this worked, i have changes the password by an example from this site: http://jondjones.com/learn-umbraco-cms/umbraco-developers-guide/umbraco-troubleshooting/reset-your-umbraco-7-password-manually-via-the-database

it worked, but after the update the content menu was missing and i got 404 message.

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Apr 04, 2019 @ 06:37
    Nathan Woulfe

That's a big update - I'd also confirm that all config files were merged correctly, and clear localstorage/cookies too

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft