Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul 184 posts 646 karma points
    Apr 04, 2019 @ 13:51
    Paul

Dynamic/Cascading Properties in Umb7 Back Office Doc Type

Hi All,

Within the backoffice is it possible to have casading properties within a document type?

E.g. select a "Country" e.g. US then the next box shows the "States", then next shows the "Cities".

Whilst I can achieve the same result with having all the options within the data types that I pull into my doc type as a check list, it'd look a real mess and allow for users to enter the information incorrectly.

I also need the ability to have multiple categories associated with one page, e.g.

US > Michigan > Detroit

DE > Bavaria > München

I then plan to pull the pages out into specific areas of the site dependant upon their category; thus some content might need to sit in two areas (n.b. the content isn't related to countries etc, it's just easier to use as an example).

• Marc Goodson 2126 posts 14218 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Apr 04, 2019 @ 19:01
    Marc Goodson

Hi Paul

What you are describing, sounds a little bit like a Taxonomy (although your options are geographical!).

There is a plugin called uTaxonomy here that might be handly (if you are on V7)

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/utaxonomy/

it allows you to define your taxonomy and have editors pick multiple tags from it...

Otherwise another way might be to define your categories, as nodes in your content tree, and use a 'content picker' to pick multiple categories from that part of the site.

enter image description here

enter image description here

if that makes sense!

regards

Marc

• Paul 184 posts 646 karma points
    Apr 05, 2019 @ 09:31
    Paul

Thanks Marc, that's very helpful. I'll have a look at uTaxonomy !

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft