Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Markus 2 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 04, 2019 @ 14:42
    Markus

Tichtext editor settings being ignored

What I do is go to Developer -> Data Types -> Richtext Editor and change settings.

I want to show a different set of buttons.

Umbraco ignores whatever I select. I always comes up with the default setting. I can pick everything or nothing or whatever, it does not matter. Umbraco will always ignore what I select and show the defaults.

I used a blank installation of Umbraco 7.6.0. Unzipped, launched, no luck. I used a properly set up installation from a customer, no luck.

I don't know how to find out what is going on here. Eventually i want to add the font size/color/type buttons, but that seems a long way to go.

Thanks in advance!

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Apr 04, 2019 @ 18:46
    Marc Goodson

Hi Markus

That does sound strange, and then I thought, maybe the Richtext Editor Data Type isn't being used as a property editor for your property.

If you go Settings -> Document Types -> YourCompositionOrDocType featuring the rich text editor - and click on the cog for the settings of the property, and see if this is using the 'Richtext Editor' Data Type or a different named Data Type that is 'also' a 'Richtext Editor' type....

... and then I thought maybe you are referring to the Rich Text Editor inside the grid, in which case the options for the buttons are set on the Grid Data Type itself ...

Developer -> DataTypes -> Grid (and scroll down to discover the Rich Text Editor settings.

enter image description here

• Markus 2 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 05, 2019 @ 07:01
    Markus

Hi, thank you! I did not realize that different controls might use their own editor settings. so basically i was configuring the wrong editor's settings, as you said!

Regards

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft