Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mitchell Fenwick 2 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 05, 2019 @ 01:35
    Mitchell Fenwick

After Umbraco upgrade, 500 Internal server error.

Hi there,

After upgrading Umbraco from 7.5.14 to 7.6.0, when I try to run my site I get a 500 Internal server error.

I have googled this problem and found a couple of solutions but none of them have worked for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

2019-04-05 14:22:23,330 [P11736/D2/T10] INFO Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - Application shutdown. Details: InitializationError

_shutDownMessage=Initialization Error HostingEnvironment initiated shutdown HostingEnvironment caused shutdown

shutDownStack= at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo) at System.Environment.getStackTrace() at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownInternal() at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownWithoutDemand() at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ShutdownAppDomain(String stackTrace) at System.Web.HttpRuntime.AppDomainShutdownTimerCallback(Object state) at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback() at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire() at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers() at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback(Int32 id)

This is the log output of the error.

• Bharti 8 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 05, 2019 @ 09:46
    Bharti

Hi Mitchell,

Can you try the below pointers:-

1. Create a new umbraco site by using version: 7.6.0,. Verify its working fine on your system or not
    2. Run your older version and see if its running fine or showing some errors.

Can you try re configuring the umbra co site on IIS again.

• Mitchell Fenwick 2 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 07, 2019 @ 23:05
    Mitchell Fenwick

Hi Bharti,

This is one of several sites that I am upgrading and only this one has caused this issue.

I have upgraded a couple of other sites from below 7.6.0 to 7.14.0 and they all work fine.

• Bharti 8 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 08, 2019 @ 07:16
    Bharti

Hi Mitchell,

Did you get a chance to compare the web configs of the site which is not working against the once which is working after upgrade to look out for any discrepancy.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft