Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zeb 1 post 71 karma points
    Apr 15, 2019 @ 14:25
    Zeb

So I am getting started as a professional web developer. I have learned alot of HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, some basic Python and C#, Node.js, Express aswell as some React.JS.

I have made a couple of static web pages and a couple of MERN (Mongo, Express, React, Node.js) full stack test pages, at this point. But now I am trying to take it to the next level and learn a CMS, Umbraco to be specific.

I have been in contact with a local web firm that want's me to learn Umbraco. They where positive as to taking me on as long for full time employment as long as I can show them that i've learned some Umbraco on my own.

I am also developing a web site for my father in law and his company. The company in question is a medium sized buisness and we allready have a site up and running but they want to expand the web site and add some new features to their web site. They want to be able to run the site for themselves in the future and this made me think that Umbraco would be a good fit for this company.

So to kinda try and "kill two birds with one stone" I was planning to move the company site to Umbraco cloud and try to learn umbraco at the same time as I continue to develop the web site for the company. The additional services they are looking to add to the web site, are first and foremost a booking service where the aim that the customers should be able to book and pay a service online and the hook the payments up to the cashier system (is this right english word) which I know has a rest API and a .NET API for these kinda of services.

Futher down the road the company in question is also aiming to have a web store at some point.

So my question is really, would a Umbraco Cloud starter kit cover all the hosting we need? Are there better alternatives out there or what are your professional opinions regarding this matter?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft