Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Seòras Second 2 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 21, 2019 @ 08:36
    Seòras Second

What level of HTML, CSS and Javascript do I need to know to achieve the 'professional' Umbraco certification?

Hello,

I'm currently just getting started with Umbraco and one of my aims is to eventually attain the 'professional' certification. I was looking at the online fundamentals course when I noticed it said, 'You are expected to know basic web-development, with working knowledge of html, css and javascript'.

I have no experience of html, css or javascript. Because of this, I was wondering if anyone could give me a more detailed description of what a 'working knowledge' is (in the eyes of the Umbraco certification people) and if there are any recommended courses (online) on these three things that would help me get to the necessary level.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 22, 2019 @ 09:36
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Pat

HTML, CSS or javascript are required technologies to work with Umbraco and with other CMSs. If you want to be a webmaster to have to know these technologies at least on the middle level. For making a certification to follow these links:

https://umbraco.com/training/

https://umbraco.com/training/get-certified/

Alex

• Seòras Second 2 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 22, 2019 @ 16:20
    Seòras Second

Hi Alex, thanks for the response.

You mentioned learning these technologies to the 'middle level', but I'm not sure what that means? If possible, I was hoping someone might recommended courses for all three that will get me to a sufficient point to achieve the 'professional' certification with Umbraco.

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Apr 22, 2019 @ 22:36
    Søren Gregersen

Hi,

Microsoft use 3 levels, Fundamental, Associate, and Expert, on all their exams.

I would say something equal to “fundamental” in each of each of the technologies would be enough for the umbraco exams.

But in the job market “fundamental” is not always enough...

It is very hard to specify a level. It’s like asking “how good a driver do I need to be, to drive from Paris to Berlin”. The answers it that it depends. In the Paris-Berlin case you may need to be a truckdriver or motorcyclist. In the umbraco case you may need to be a css/html wizard and not so much JavaScript or maybe you need in-depth angular/react knowledge, since the task at hand is what defines the requirements.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft