Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lasse 49 posts 161 karma points
    Apr 26, 2019 @ 16:56
    Lasse

Hi,

In my past i am used to only see files that i have manually changed, but after i have installed and used umbraco for some time, i keep getting all kind of files.

you look away from your git client for two seconds and 8 files has been changed.

I have been searching for a solution, but i am unsure what to include in my gitignore, people mention a vs github gitignore and some umbraco. I still get all kind of dll and pdb file changes.

If anyone can post or link to a pastebin of a complete gitignore for umbraco, containing everything that should not be tracked, and explain what these dll and pdb files are i would be grateful

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Apr 26, 2019 @ 21:45
    Amir Khan

Here's a good start (from the github defaults with an addition or two), you could ignore the bin folder as well but if you install packages you'll want to keep that folder in the repo:

Ignore Umbraco files/folders generated for each instance

#

Get latest from https://github.com/github/gitignore/blob/master/Umbraco.gitignore

Note: VisualStudio gitignore rules may also be relevant

Umbraco

Ignore unimportant folders generated by Umbraco

*/App_Data/Logs/ */AppData/[Pp]review/ **/AppData/TEMP/ **/App_Data/NuGetBackup/

Ignore Umbraco content cache file

**/App_Data/umbraco.config

Don't ignore Umbraco packages (VisualStudio.gitignore mistakes this for a NuGet packages folder)

Make sure to include details from VisualStudio.gitignore BEFORE this

!/App_Data/[Pp]ackages/* !/[Uu]mbraco/[Dd]eveloper/[Pp]ackages/*

ImageProcessor DiskCache

**/App_Data/cache/

Ignore the Models Builder models out of date flag

**/App_Data/Models/ood.flag

node_modules

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft