Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gibran Shah 69 posts 240 karma points
    Apr 28, 2019 @ 02:47
    Gibran Shah

New document type not show in Change Document Type dialog

Hello,

I'm trying to change the document type on my content page. However, the document type I want to change to (Refund Policy) is not in the "New Type" drop down list.

enter image description here

I thought you make document types available by going to the document type, under permissions, and setting the content page under "allowed child node types". I did this however:

enter image description here

...regenerated the models, but the Refund Policy document type is still not available on the Refund Policy content page.

On the other hand, the majority of google hits I get say to go to the structure tab in my document type. But I don't see a structure tab.

What do I have to do to get my document type to show up in the "New Type" drop down?

• Marc Goodson 2123 posts 14214 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Apr 28, 2019 @ 08:06
    Marc Goodson

Hi Gibran

Looking at your screenshot you are allowing the Refund Policy page to be created underneath the Refund Policy page! - you need to allow it to be created in section where your existing Content Page is created.

So find the page you want to change (existingly a Content Page) - find it's parent page - find the parent page document type - and edit the permissions for this document type to allow Refund Policy pages to be created underneath.

Then when you go back to your original content page, Refund Policy will be an option in the dropdown, because you are 'allowed' to create pages of this type, in the section you are in.

regards

Marc

• Gibran Shah 69 posts 240 karma points
    Apr 28, 2019 @ 23:43
    Gibran Shah

Thanks Marc,

I forgot that it was the parent page's document type that you had to add the child document type to.

• Marc Goodson 2123 posts 14214 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Apr 29, 2019 @ 19:02
    Marc Goodson

I have done so too on many occasions :-P

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft