Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David 29 posts 200 karma points
    May 09, 2019 @ 12:31
    David

I am currently using "Simple 301" to manage URL redirects on a website. I am using this because the site was a restructure/move from another CMS. So i needed to manually add in the redirects.

I have just gone live with the site, but "Simple 301" is not listing the redirects in the browser and of course not working! When making the site live, it has copied the table and all the data, but just not displaying in the browser.

My Umbraco version is: 7.13.2.

I know that the package is untested for 7.13 and is no longer being supported, but can anyone make any suggestions as to why this has happened? Have i missed anything?

Is there any other package that anyone uses or knows of to manually manage redirects?

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

• Magnus Eriksson 122 posts 362 karma points
    May 09, 2019 @ 12:37
    Magnus Eriksson

By manually, do you mean from Umbraco backoffice?

I would recommend using IIS Rewrites that you register in web.config. High performance redirects and under source control, but it depends on what your needs are.

Regards, Magnus

May 09, 2019 @ 13:19
    David

Ideally I would like to manage these from the backoffice as I have 100+ redirects.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    May 10, 2019 @ 07:18
    Richard Soeteman

With SEOChecker you can import all redirects and manage them from the backoffice. https://soetemansoftware.nl/seo-checker Maybe you can use that one?

Best,

Richard

May 10, 2019 @ 12:52
    David

Using the SEOChecker is a no go for me due to the cost.

I managed to resolve the issue i was having with "Simple301". On going live, when adding a new redirect, it had created a new table also called "Redirects" but it created it with a different schema. In the end I copied all records from "dbo.Redirects" to "newschemaname.Redirects".

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft