Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• steschu 38 posts 240 karma points
    1 week ago
    steschu

Examine Search Media Files Problem

Hi,

I am struggling with Examine. As I understand, by default all nodesTypes and all properties are indexed and searched with the ExternalSearcher. Thus also Media files are searched and indexed.

Indeed, when I set up a very simple query like

var searcher = ExamineManager.Instance.SearchProviderCollection["ExternalSearcher"];
    var searchCriteria = searcher.CreateSearchCriteria();
    searcher.Search("Vorlage", true);

it queries all nodeTypes and properties for strings starting with "vorlage". I do have some files in the media section that start with "vorlage" in the filename (umbracoFile property), they should be found.

When I debug the resultig ISearchResults it displayes 0 Docs and TotalItems 12. But I cannot expand the view. Can anybody explain that to me? How do I get the files as a search result? Is this the right way to achive it.

see screnshot here

• Carlos Gomes 33 posts 176 karma points
    1 week ago
    Carlos Gomes

As far as I know - and please someone correct me and show me how to do that if I am wrong - Umbraco does not index any file within the media section.

https://github.com/umbraco/UmbracoExamine.PDF

There is this nugget to index the media files but it seems to be outdated.

Thanks,

1 week ago
    steschu

Somewhere in the documentation I read that the Indexer does index every nodetype with every property by default. I thought files in the media sections are nothing but a node, so they should be indexed, too?

There is also an overload of the ExamineManager.Instance.CreateSearchCriteria Method where you can pass "media" as a parameter, that indicates that media files are part of the index?

Actually there is contradictory information in the forum about whether this is possible or not.

Stephan

1 week ago
    steschu

Can anybody help?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft