Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alexander 5 posts 74 karma points c-trib
    May 13, 2019 @ 10:47
    Alexander

uSync prevalues in diffrent envirements

Hi

When using uSync, prevalues and property editor Umbraco.DropDown.Flexible and diffrent envirements. Can we have diffrent values in diffrent envirements or do the uSync always be there where we change those vales?

Is there a way to just use the property editor and skip the prevalues in the new envirement?

I am using uSync 4.0.10

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 14, 2019 @ 15:20
    Kevin Jump

Hi Alex,

Short answer no :(

there isn't currently a way to have the datatype synced but not its pre values.

you could do it with a custom handler, but you would also need a custom serilizer to stop the property syncing.

my approach would be :

Serializer

1. have your own DataType Serializer that overrides Jumoo.uSync.Core.Serializers.DataTypeSerializer
    2. give it its own unique name (for config)
    3. override DeserializeUpdatePreValues with a function that does nothing

Handler

1. have your own handler that inherits the existing DataTypeHandler.cs
    2. give it its own name (for config)
    3. override the Import function, (here) and call your own serializer (this is a bit tricky but doable, custom serializers will be in the uSyncCoreContenxt.Serializers collection

Config 1. update the config to disable the core serializer and replace it with your own (based on the name you give your handler)

this, in theory, should work, it's just quite a buried bit of functionality so it's not easy to turn on/off at the moment

• Alexander 5 posts 74 karma points c-trib
    May 15, 2019 @ 18:34
    Alexander

Ok, thank you for the answer! 😀 i have to test this out and come back to you! How do you work with prevalues? Always edit the values local and push it to envirement with usync or any other way?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 15, 2019 @ 19:27
    Kevin Jump

personally, i always push the pre values from local,

if i want something the editors might change, i tend to have a folder in the content for the values and use something like a MNTP to let them pick from that folder.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft