Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bhawna Jain 17 posts 148 karma points
    May 14, 2019 @ 08:35
    Bhawna Jain

Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run

I have setup my blank umbraco site with default DB and now I am trying to host it in my network so that back end office can be accessed from any computer in my network.

But as you can see the following error related to connection string stating that umbraco cant be connected to database. enter image description here

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    May 14, 2019 @ 11:05
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Check your database rights. Umbraco can't access the database, probably some permissions issue.

Hope this helps,

Richard

• Bhawna Jain 17 posts 148 karma points
    May 22, 2019 @ 05:02
    Bhawna Jain

I was finally able to solve it. There were a couple of steps which I missed which are as follows:

1. Since I was publishing my site to another folder, somehow the new path was not changed in advance setting in IIS (although I was able to explore in that folder)

2. I didn't include App_Data folder(having Umbraco.Sdf file) and some other important folder, hence the connection string issue.

After above two, I was able to host my umbraco project in my network.

NOTE: If you will be debugging your application, then you should first exclude app_data folder from your project.

• Carlos Luis Lachapelle Rivera 4 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 31, 2019 @ 16:23
    Carlos Luis Lachapelle Rivera

Hey, I also have the same problem and I have no idea how to fix it ... Someone to help me how to do it please ...

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft