Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Teilmann 2 posts 82 karma points
    May 15, 2019 @ 11:56
    Thomas Teilmann

Teamcity + Octopus and umbraco packages

Hello everyone

We've just recently launched our first Umbraco site, which has been a great experience so far.

Currently we are deploying with teamcity and octopus deploy, having uSync installed to synchronize datatypes, document types etc. between enviroments.

Now im facing our first problem with our CI setup: How do i automatically install/uninstall any installed umbraco packages? If i install a package through the Umbraco interface, locally, and then deploy to our test environment, then i get an error until i install the package manually. This is have to do every time i deploy.

What is the correct way of managing/synchronizing packages between environments when using CI?

Thanks!

• Magnus Eriksson 122 posts 362 karma points
    May 15, 2019 @ 12:57
    Magnus Eriksson

I'd say install packages using Nuget whenever possible (not sure all packages can be installed using Nuget) and your CI server will install/add these just as any other Nuget package.

Regards, Magnus

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    May 15, 2019 @ 14:57
    Matthew Wise

As Magns said use NuGet where possible. Failing that you will need to make sure the files are added to source control and the dll references added.

We normally copy the dlls to a folder outside of the solution folders and reference them there.

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft