Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Norwood 131 posts 642 karma points
    May 16, 2019 @ 09:13
    Chris Norwood

Hi folks,

We have a multi-site installation on Azure (single site with several subdomains).

As part of this, the clients' users need to be able to modify users and user groups, but we don't want to give them admin access to the back office as it's in an autoscaled environment, so the back office is a separate app service and changes in e.g. macros etc. won't be reflected o the site without a proper deployment process.

I can grant a specific user group access to the "Users" section, but there doesn't seem to be any way (that I can see) that would allow me to say that their user group should have admin access to this area (whilst still not being able to see the Settings/Developer sections) - am I missing something, or is this behaviour by design?

Thanks in advance!

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    May 18, 2019 @ 01:54
    Thomas

What are the "users" used for ? Whould it work with members instead?

• Chris Norwood 131 posts 642 karma points
    May 25, 2019 @ 12:21
    Chris Norwood

Hi Thomas - sorry, things went a bit crazy with work and I hadn't see your question (but I have had an answer from Umbraco in the meantime and it isn't possible, or rather it's not possible "out of the box", we'd have to write code to do it).

The users are back office users; it wouldn't work with members as those are being pulled in via Active Directory.

So as a workaround (for now) we'll give the client's main users admin access and a list of things that it's not safe to do when working in an auto-scaled environment.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft