Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jay 4 posts 74 karma points
    May 17, 2019 @ 10:23
    jay

misalignment of umbraco environments after db restore

so i have 3 separate umbraco environments running, which are dev, staging and live.

there is misalignment in the 3 environments with regard the views and media. i restored live db and changed the connection string in the dev/staging deployment slot configs to point to the restored db. i then removed the uSync folders in live file system for dev and staging, then did a rebuild in azure devOps to trigger redeployment.

there is no change in dev and there is still missing media. and staging has returned the following error "The partial view 'Components/carouselComponent' was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations."

any ideas on how i can align the environments?

thanks

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    May 18, 2019 @ 08:22
    Marc Goodson

Hi Jay

From what you describe, and I may not be understanding fully, the bits you are missing are items in the /views and /media folders.

uSync won't move those items for you.

With Media, then it can be neat idea to configure storage of the Media to be in Azure blob storage - https://our.umbraco.com/packages/collaboration/umbracofilesystemprovidersazure/

and with Views, generally you would have these under source control and have your deployment process deploy these from source control to the different environments... but if you are just editing them in one of the backoffice instances, then that set of views and partials needs to be copied to the other environments. With a template, Umbraco does need to have a reference to it inside the database (to enable a document type to choose which template/view to use) and uSync does manage the part of adding reference to a new template in a new environment.

anyway if I've understood correctly, that's why your views and media aren't synced!!

regrds

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft