Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Slobodan Markovic 6 posts 76 karma points
    May 21, 2019 @ 07:10
    Slobodan Markovic

Hi, happy tricky Tuesday, I want to change the physical path of the media folder. Currently it's "www.site.com/media". This is by default. But I created new sub domain "www.site.com/acc" and I want my media to be in the folder "www.site.com/acc/media". Is this possible. If yes where should I find the setting? Or should I do it manually from the code?

Thanks in advance, Slobodan

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    May 22, 2019 @ 07:19
    Matt

Hi,

Can you not just changed the path in the config?

FileSystemProviders.config

Change "media" to the folder you want it to be called.

<add key="virtualRoot" value="~/media/" />

May 22, 2019 @ 07:24
    Slobodan Markovic

Tried but it doesn't work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Do I have to delete a cache folder first? Just to remind you I'm trying this in version 8 :)

May 22, 2019 @ 07:32
    Slobodan Markovic

What I'm trying to accomplish is this: - I have production and acc environments on external domain - Acc is in subdomain what means only a sub folder "root/acc/" - And production is just "root" - I want acc to look for media in folder "root/acc/media/" but it looks in "root/media"

So I want to change virtual folder to ~/acc/media

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

• Bryna 73 posts 239 karma points
    May 22, 2019 @ 21:34
    Bryna

What I did for this was I cut and paste my whole media folder to the root of my x: drive. Then in IIS I went in and added a virtual directory called media and set the path to x:\media. Seems to work well and should work for any path that you want to place it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft