Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fiona Liotta 4 posts 94 karma points
    May 22, 2019 @ 04:15
    Fiona Liotta

Reserved paths redirecting to nonexistent login.aspx

In the httpdocs directory of my server where Umbraco 8.0.2 is installed I've created /test/index.html. I want Umbraco to ignore this path and let the webserver handle it normally.

If I try to go to /test/index.html I get the following error:

No umbraco document matches the url '/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2ftest%2findex.html'.

Following what I've read, I've modified this line in my web.config:

<add key="Umbraco.Core.ReservedPaths" value="/test/" />

I've tried ReservedUrls as well and combinations of the two but none of them change the result; they all give that 404 error looking for login.aspx. Can anyone explain what's going on here for me?

Edit: A bit more information. Anonymous Authentication is enabled in the hosting dashboard. My web.config contains the lines:

<authentication mode="Forms">
      <forms name="yourAuthCookie" loginUrl="login.aspx" protection="All" path="/" />
    </authentication>
    <authorization>
      <allow users="?" />
    </authorization>

Yet it still asks for authorization for these pages.

Edit: While restoring from backup I noticed a problem. The server already had a virtual folder named /test/. Making a folder called /Projects/ and setting that to be a Reserved Path works as expected. However this is still a problem because I'd like to use /plesk-git/ for deploying, which is a virtual folder, and I still can't get Umbraco to ignore those requests.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft