Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bhawna Jain 17 posts 148 karma points
    May 23, 2019 @ 11:41
    Bhawna Jain

An open source version of umbraco form

I tried adding an umbraco form in my demo project but it appears that umbraco forms are not open source but a pro one.

Q1. Is there any way around where I can use umbraco form for free?

Q2. Is there any other substitute(any other package) which offers similar functionality?

Q3. I was able to use umbraco form with no such license issue in one more instance..Is it possible that if I create my project from scratch, then I will be able to use form again (cause I think I might have tried changing some settings..and hence manually deleted files related to umbraco forms)

• Søren Mastrup 122 posts 563 karma points c-trib
    May 23, 2019 @ 12:29
    Søren Mastrup

Hi Bhawna,

You can get Umbraco Forms for free when you are running your Umbraco site on Umbraco Cloud.

I have seen some packages that kind of does what Umbraco Forms do. You should be able to find them here on our.

You are able to run the full version of Umbraco Forms on your local machine (running on a .local domain). The license for Umbraco forms is tied to a domain. So you are not able to move your license around on projects.

• Bhawna Jain 17 posts 148 karma points
    May 24, 2019 @ 04:45
    Bhawna Jain

Umbraco Cloud is another pro service its free trial is available for 14 days only.

I am not sure which packages are you referring to, maybe you forgot to add a link.

So, I will be able to use the full version on my local machine, but unfortunately that is not the case,.with my project now, although I could say that it was working before I tried changing some settings for the same and then ended up uninstalling umbraco form package.

• Søren Mastrup 122 posts 563 karma points c-trib
    May 24, 2019 @ 08:38
    Søren Mastrup

The package Formulate could be a free alternative to Forms: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/formulate/

I have never heard about Forms running the full version without a license, so I am not able to answer that.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft