Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    May 31, 2019 @ 12:24
    Damien Holley

Temporary URL rewrites/redirect or change the website to use a different tree?

So if we have 2 root nodes, is it possible to switch between using one or the other as the webroot using a switch on one of the nodes?

• Tarik | WPPlumber 179 posts 801 karma points c-trib
    Jun 03, 2019 @ 14:14
    Tarik | WPPlumber

Damien Holley, peace be upon those who follow guidance.

In case you need to set one of the root nodes as the default one (domain/) I suggest that you sort them and make your preferred one in the top.

enter image description here

Jun 18, 2019 @ 03:19
    Damien Holley

Yeah I've done this, just a bit neater on the code if I have two seperate roots that can switch by command, I have just created partials on the top one that does different things depending on what the switch is set to, but it's bad practice (codewise) to do it this way.

• Tarik | WPPlumber 179 posts 801 karma points c-trib
    Jun 18, 2019 @ 05:40
    Tarik | WPPlumber

It is important to have it fixed, I suggest that you select the best solution for this thread.

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jun 18, 2019 @ 06:30
    Søren Gregersen

Hi,

Instead of having the pages as root nodes, you could create a site node that has the domain set. On the site you can then create a property (a content picker) that has the alias “umbracoInternalRedirectId”. When this property has a value, umbraco will show this page instead of the selected page.

This solution will allow you to have different frontpages, but will not handle child pages — ie their url will still be https://domain/site1/page1, even if “/site1” is disaplyed on “/“

Jun 20, 2019 @ 23:53
    Damien Holley

Yeah I was trying to avoid too many parameters in the url. Thanks though I was thinking of this method.

Jun 20, 2019 @ 23:54
    Damien Holley

I went with the original method that I wanted to get away from by using the two root nodes, then I used a switch on the root to alter what data was displayed by using partials to render the homepage and navbars and just passed a different root into the partial.

Bit of a bad solution, but it does the job.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft