Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gerson 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jun 02, 2019 @ 10:40
    Gerson

Can i install and develop Umbraco site without programming background?

Hi all,

I want to build a site with Umbraco. I have worked with Wordpress before. Do i need to know html/css or C# to develop a site with Umbraco? If so what steps do you recommend me taking? Or can i just watch the videos on Umbraco.tv? Do i have to learn code if i want to add some features in Umbraco? Hope to learn more from you all. It seems a robust architecture :)

Greetings, Gerson

• Markus Johansson 1902 posts 5706 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jun 02, 2019 @ 14:07
    Markus Johansson

Hi!

You could done some things with Umbraco without deep knowledge about html/css but Umbraco is not like WordPress in the sense that’s there is tons of plugins for basically anything. I many case you’ll need to write some html/css to use the data that you’ve entered into the CMS.

I would say that Umbraco.tv is a good starting point, any maybe spin up a free site on Umbraco Cloud to play around - or set up a local environment on you machine.

• Gerson 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jun 02, 2019 @ 19:45
    Gerson

Thanks Markus. I appreciate it! In what way will the .net Core impact Umbraco in terms of learning a html or css?

• Tarik | WPPlumber 179 posts 801 karma points c-trib
    Jun 02, 2019 @ 15:12
    Tarik | WPPlumber

Gerson, peace be upon those who follow guidance.

• The web application source code in the browser is html and css which means understanding those languages is a must to know what is a page output code.
    • I suggest to install a lightweight plugin and see it's code in Umbraco backoffice to understand how it rely to it.
    • In case you plan to extend umbraco backoffice I suggest that you fork the source code of that plugin and start your project.
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft