Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abilash Ashok 63 posts 418 karma points
    Jun 06, 2019 @ 06:35
    Abilash Ashok

Multiple Grid/List in a DocumentType

Hello,

I want to show 2 grid/list layout in one document types. For example, in one document type, I wanted to show - list of Products in one tab and list of Categories in another tab.

I tried to achieve the same using document type composition, but didn't worked as expected. Here is what I have tried:

1. I have one document type called - Products that show list of products in one tab.
    2. I created another document type - Categories that shows list of categories in one tab
    3. In Products document type, I tried to inherit Categories document type through compositions which didn't worked.

Can someone please guide me on how can I have 2 (or more) grid/list in one document type. If not, what is the closet and practical approach to this?

Thanks in advance.

Jul 18, 2019 @ 05:38
    Abilash Ashok

Bumping up this thread. Here is what I am trying to implement. I have page in back office with 2 tabs. I want to show a grid in first tab and another grid in second tab.

Below is sample representation.

enter image description here

Is it possible to have similar implementation? Any help will be appreciated.

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 18, 2019 @ 06:45
    Søren Gregersen

Hi,

As you have figured out the listview is just another way of showing children.

There is no easy fix to implement multiple list. Attempts has been made before https://our.umbraco.com/forum/extending-umbraco-and-using-the-api/87938-customized-list-views-and-filters

The biggest hurdle is that you can’t filter the content serverside, so you can’t “get 10 items for list a” and “get 10 items for list b”, but have to “get 10 items” and filter the items clientside — ending up with “9 categories and 1 product” on page 1.

A first step could be to allow filtering in the resource that fetches the children.

Another method could be to just create a hidden list that handles the default, and just render your own views instead.

Jul 18, 2019 @ 09:16
    Abilash Ashok

Thanks for the reply and sharing the link. Let me do some homework on the same.

Thanks again :)

Jul 31, 2019 @ 09:20
    Abilash Ashok

Hello Soren Gregersen,

In the absence of multiple grid support. What are the common workarounds that are currently performed to achieved this?

What are the other best workaround to manage this?

Thanks.

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 31, 2019 @ 10:38
    Søren Gregersen

Hi,

I don't know what workarounds are out there. Since it's not (easily) supported, it's never been a requirement in the projects I've worked on.

You could implement all of this in a custom section, but it will leave your content tree a bit cluttered. (ATM) Umbraco only supports nodes that live in the content tree.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft