Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• George Logan 36 posts 168 karma points
    Jun 06, 2019 @ 08:31
    George Logan

Conditional Fields - Doc Types

Morning,

I found this issue - https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/3070, but there hasn't been any updates for a few months.

What I'm trying to achieve...

When an editor goes to add content, I want them to have an option which allows them to choose what content they want to enter.

I.e. Content 1 / Content 2

When Content 1 is selected: Present fields for Title / Description / Image

When Content 2 is selected: Present Fields for Title / Display Title / Body / Footer

What is the best way to achieve this?

I've read about creating custom property editors, or using nuPickers....I've installed nuPickers but don't understand how to make fields conditional for what I want.

Umb Version 7.5.3

Thanks,

• andy 25 posts 94 karma points c-trib
    Jun 06, 2019 @ 10:04
    andy

Would this package suit your requirements? https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/conditional-displayers/

This package should allow your editors to pick a content option (i.e. Content option 1 or Content option 2) then based on that you can present the appropriate fields

Jun 06, 2019 @ 10:09
    George Logan

Hi Andy,

I had seen this package during my searches....however, it does state the minimum version required to install is 7.8....we are still on 7.5.3 for now.

Thanks

• andy 25 posts 94 karma points c-trib
    Jun 06, 2019 @ 10:22
    andy

Ah my apologies, missed that version statement (despite it being in bold!)

I'm not sure there are any other packages which support this kind of conditional behaviour at your current Umbraco version.

What about using nested content to allow the editor to pick what kind of content block they'd like to populate?

Jun 06, 2019 @ 11:59
    George Logan

I'm not entirely sure it will.

Basically I want to have a page with a default design, based on Content 1.

However, from time to time we may wish to change the design of the page, based on either Content 2 / Content 3 / Content 4, so more than one section would have content added. And only for a limited time, then we'd want to revert back to what is held in Content 1.

Jul 25, 2019 @ 10:23
    George Logan

For anyone who may be interested now, or in the future.....

I have the first tab which contains a radio button list with options for designs to show on the page.

I have three tab with 'designs' - 3 different types of Grid layout.

Based on the id of the option selected on the first tab, the relevant grid layout will display -

if (design == 1){ @Html.GetGridHtml(Model.Content, "contentLayout") } else if (design == 2){ @Html.GetGridHtml(Model.Content, "anotherContentLayout" }

etc.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft