Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    Jun 11, 2019 @ 10:38
    Matt

Restrict umbraco pages to a network?

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking at creating a public website, with the capability of being able to restrict certain nodes/pages for staff (Intranet).

There will only be a couple of pages which will be restricted, ideally would it be possible to setup the page so it can only be accessed from a certain network (intranet)? As we have around 1500 staff members.

Thanks

Matt

• Kimbrough 11 posts 141 karma points
    Jun 11, 2019 @ 12:21
    Kimbrough

Shooting from the hip on this one but if you really want to authenticate based on whether or not someone is on a specific network you could do something like...

Create a custom controller (i.e. RenderMvcController) and have your action method authorize the user (e.g. based on a range of IP addresses) before rendering the view. And because you would be using a RenderMvcController, it will be tied to a specific document type so anytime you create a page of that document type the visitor will go through your custom authentication in the controller.

Alternatively, you could create your own custom membership provider.

Keep in mind if you do authorize against IP addresses you may complicate things for any staff trying to access those parts of the site remotely unless they VPN into the network.

But if I could, I would prefer to import credentials from an external source and use roles to give/restrict access to specific pages.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft