Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MB 273 posts 936 karma points
    Jun 14, 2019 @ 06:55
    MB

Generate page based on form submit

Hi community,

I need some help figuring out how I can and should tackle the following scenario, I'm not a backend developer so please bare with me:

The user who comes by my site should be able to fill out a form (images, text etc.) and submit the form adding the informations to a new page people can visit.

So for instance, I could post a picture of my car, add some informations, hit submit and a page would be generated with those informations.

Is there anything out there which can already do this?

Cheers!

• Jonathan Distenfeld 105 posts 618 karma points
    Jun 14, 2019 @ 14:19
    Jonathan Distenfeld

Hi MBE,

what you describe here is a feature that comes with Umbraco Forms out of the box. So using Umbraco Forms would be pretty easy.

Read more here:

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Editor/Attaching-Workflows/Workflow-Types/#save-as-umbraco-content-node

and here:

https://umbraco.com/products/umbraco-forms/

Hope that helps,

~Jonathan

• MB 273 posts 936 karma points
    Jun 17, 2019 @ 14:30
    MB

Hi Jonathan,

I've heard much about the Umbraco Forms plugin and it seems very reasonable to use! However, this is not a "real project" for the outside work.

I'm looking to learn how to do a bit more "advanced" stuff compared to regular frontend-work so I thought this would be a fun little task to work on in my sparetime.

Spending $219 on something that will only remain in my folder is a bit steep I think.

Is there any alternatives or perhaps documentations on how to create a content node directly from the frontend?

Thank you!

• Jonathan Distenfeld 105 posts 618 karma points
    Jun 24, 2019 @ 07:55
    Jonathan Distenfeld

Hi MBE,

sorry for the late reply.

You don't need to purchase the license for a local-only test project. Umbraco Forms comes with all features for domain x.local.

~Jonathan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft