Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bobi 346 posts 950 karma points
    Jun 14, 2019 @ 15:14
    Bobi

Recommendations for adding custom login pages

Any recommendations on creating customer login pages which are unique for each customer - the site owner would send a username and password to the customer who would use that to login and be able to view all content specific to that customer?

The site owner would be able to upload documents in, say, the backend for each customer which would generate a new customer page that can be logged into by the customer for the sole purpose of viewing specific customer on the front end.

Of course, it would have to be as secure as possible.

• Tarik | WPPlumber 179 posts 801 karma points c-trib
    Jun 16, 2019 @ 09:27
    Tarik | WPPlumber

Bobi, I suggest to use Membership and create custom member type and groups based on your need.

Also I prefer to make a custom section (application) to manage files , what you want to share with your customers, analytics etc..)

In case you need further help in development see my profile to get the contact address.

Jun 16, 2019 @ 19:12
    Bobi

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean a custom application section? Could you please further explain?

Jun 16, 2019 @ 20:40
    Tarik | WPPlumber

Bobi, peace be upon those who follow guidance.

Simply I mean specific application for your customers like sections Content, Media, Members in the backoffice to manage all features you need.

Jun 17, 2019 @ 15:21
    Bobi

I see. Any suggestions about customizing the login link though? I currently have IP blockers on for the /umbraco back-end page, so that only certain people from certain IP addresses can login. If I create a custom member type and groups, I would have to remove the IP blocks for customers. Any suggestions regarding this so that I can have a custom link for customer login only, but this link would not be able to access the back-end (like if someone had the /umbraco link)?

Jun 17, 2019 @ 15:54
    Tarik | WPPlumber

About IP blocker I don't see that will apply since the expected page should have other name mask. (not /umbraco)

I suggest that you create specific page for customer and apply membership to it i.e yourdomain/patients

I see to mention a quote from the Umbraco TV portal definition for Members to notice the difference.

Users are anyone that has access to the back office. Now that we know this we can define Members as, an external person who has a profile on your website. Members are distinct from Umbraco Users, meaning that a Member does NOT have access to the Umbraco back-office. Members give an identity to your site visitors. If you want your visitors to be able to register or login we talk about Members.

Jun 18, 2019 @ 01:42
    Bobi

Thank you. Any idea on a good package or nuget or tutorial that can help set up member login and logout securely?

Jun 18, 2019 @ 06:14
    Tarik | WPPlumber

I answered you in this post.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft