Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gilles 25 posts 107 karma points
    Jun 20, 2019 @ 13:31
    Gilles

BeginUmbracoFrom Model is not valid sometimes

Hi there,

I'm creating a pretty simple contact form. People can chose using a dropdown which departement to contact. Here is the code for the Form generation:

using (Html.BeginUmbracoForm("ContactFormSubmit", "ContactUs", null, new { @class = "form-horizontal", autocomplete = "off" }, FormMethod.Post))

The Url calling this page is: /fr/contactez-nous

When submitting, everything is fine. The passed model (FirstName, LastName, Message, PhoneNumber...) is valid, mails are being send...

However, I wanted to allow to pass a contact (departement) Id to the page, thus directly selection the correct departement in the drop down.

The Url calling the page would be (example): /fr/contactez-nous?contact=1216

The Umbraco ContentNode with Id 1216 has a specific contact email. The partial view generating the Form will use this to mark this departements email as selected in the dropdown.

Everything else is the same. However, when submitting the form, the model is suddenly not valid.

I checked the request header from the post using Chrome Developer tools. Here is a screenshot from the request header of the first URL (valid Model): enter image description here

And here the some from the second URL: enter image description here

The POST passes the Query String Parameters. Could it be that this makes the model invalid?? How can I avoid this if that's the problem?

Here are the different generated Form HTML Elements:

<form action="/fr/contactez-nous" autocomplete="off" class="form-horizontal" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post"><input name="__RequestVerificationToken" type="hidden" value="P7dv0(...)" />

<form action="/fr/contactez-nous?contact=1216" autocomplete="off" class="form-horizontal" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post"><input name="__RequestVerificationToken" type="hidden" value="D2KCr4hWl(...)" />

So the ONLY difference is in the Action. I tried some overloads to remove the querystring parameter from the action, but could not find a suitable one.

Hope you guys can help me.

• Gilles 25 posts 107 karma points
    Jun 20, 2019 @ 13:40
    Gilles

So, a minute after posting, I figured it out. Stupid me.

My Action on the controller had the following signature:

public ActionResult ContactFormSubmit(ContactUsViewModel contact)

When posting an action with the querystring "contact", the call failed, because the querystring could not be resolved to the correct ViewModel. I just went ahead and changed the signature of the Action. Now everything is fine :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft