Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dawn Tan 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 28, 2019 @ 07:55
    Dawn Tan

Not able to edit live site with CMS

Hi.

I'm having issues with the CMS as only a partial list of live items are seen from the CMS end. Any edits made on the CMS end does not reflect onto the live site.

Help much appreciated!

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 28, 2019 @ 08:14
    Marc Goodson

Hi Dawn

Where is your site hosted? has anything been updated code wise recently...

The Url you use to access the backoffice and update your site, is it the same as the live site?

Which version of Umbraco is this?

(it sort of sounds like the backoffice isn't pointing to the same database as live, but there are multiple other reasons why it might have all gone awry - knowing the above may indicate better what is going on)

regards

Marc

• Dawn Tan 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 28, 2019 @ 08:24
    Dawn Tan

Hi Marc

Thank you so much for the reply. I'm really new at this so all help will be appreciated.

The site is hosted on AWS and no, nothing was updated code-wise. Yes the URL used is the same. This is Umbraco 7.14.

It's weird because my developers in India are viewing live content but i'm viewing outdated content even though we're using the same login details.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 28, 2019 @ 13:53
    Marc Goodson

Hi Dawn

That's very strange

The AWS environment is that scaled out over multiple instances, or a single server, or load balanced in some way? It could be when you hit the Url you are served to an out of date version of the site.

Otherwise if it's a single server and you are using the same url as in India and same login credentials, the only possible difference is either the dns entry for your Url is somehow different and points to an old location - or something is cached on your machine or company network?

Try accessing the site on your mobile phone, or on a different computer outside of your network - do you see the up-to-date content or out of date content?

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft