Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• redDev 1 post 71 karma points
    Jul 02, 2019 @ 18:22
    redDev

Media Library Upload - How it relates to files in code

Hi Everyone,

I'm aware when you upload an image to the Media Library in Umbraco, it adds the physical file under the /Media folder within the code.

Lets say content editors are adding images in the DEV environment (and other content) - there is a separate unrelated task to get this into LIVE. And If developers need to do any code changes, these are worked on local machine from code held in source control - and locally, we connect to the dev database.

If a content editor adds an image to the media library using the Umbraco interface, how do we as developers keep record of these new images being added as it wouldn't appear in the /Media folder locally?

What is the best way to handle this? I'm also concerned about missing files, overwriting or wiping out any media files added via the CMS if we have to redeploy code (as our local source control copy wouldn't have the files via the CMS in Dev.

Thanks

• Georgios Rovolis 9 posts 80 karma points
    Jul 02, 2019 @ 21:40
    Georgios Rovolis

Check out this package, haven't used it but many people in here suggest it as a solution to such scenarios.

• Mario Lopez 168 posts 952 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 02, 2019 @ 22:28
    Mario Lopez

I you can use Azure I would recommend you to set up an storage account and save the Media folder in there.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft