Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Arie 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 11, 2019 @ 08:36
    Arie
    0

    Error while upgrading umbraco 8.02 to 8.1

    Hi,

    We are trying to upgrade our umbraco project ( v8.02) to the latest version (8.1). But after starting the upgrade, an error occurs. (See screenshot + logging for details.

    What can we do to fix this issue?

    Arie

    enter image description here

    { "@t": "2019-07-11T08:25:32.2442674Z", "@mt": "Database configuration failed", "@l": "Error", "@x": "Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue() in //Src/Newtonsoft.Json/JsonTextReader.cs:line 1706\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read() in //Src/Newtonsoft.Json/JsonTextReader.cs:line 419\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) in //Src/Newtonsoft.Json/JsonReader.cs:line 1195\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) in //Src/Newtonsoft.Json/Serialization/JsonSerializerInternalReader.cs:line 196\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) in //Src/Newtonsoft.Json/JsonSerializer.cs:line 907\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings) in //Src/Newtonsoft.Json/JsonConvert.cs:line 828\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings) in //Src/Newtonsoft.Json/JsonConvert.cs:line 786\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.V810.ConvertTinyMceAndGridMediaUrlsToLocalLink.Migrate() in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Migrations\Upgrade\V81_0\ConvertTinyMceAndGridMediaUrlsToLocalLink.cs:line 42\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationBase.Umbraco.Core.Migrations.IMigration.Migrate() in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Migrations\MigrationBase.cs:line 73\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.Execute(IScope scope, String fromState, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, ILogger logger) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Migrations\MigrationPlan.cs:line 309\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.Upgrader.Execute(IScopeProvider scopeProvider, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, IKeyValueService keyValueService, ILogger logger) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Migrations\Upgrade\Upgrader.cs:line 67\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Install.DatabaseBuilder.UpgradeSchemaAndData(MigrationPlan plan) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Migrations\Install\DatabaseBuilder.cs:line 498", "SourceContext": "Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Install.DatabaseBuilder", "ProcessId": 15720, "ProcessName": "iisexpress", "ThreadId": 36, "AppDomainId": 2, "AppDomainAppId": "-", "MachineName": "-", "Log4NetLevel": "ERROR", "HttpRequestNumber": 9, "HttpRequestId": "ba191e89-f044-4b22-b687-d15034e01132" }

  • Luke Hook 37 posts 150 karma points
    Jul 11, 2019 @ 09:00
    Luke Hook
    0

    Hi Arie,

    I had something similar, It was related to the Multi URL Picker (link picker). It was something to do with the internal link that was selected. In my case, my site was small enough for me to remove the link first and then re-apply it.

    Maybe check to make sure no document has been deleted that was linked to an internal page via Multi Url Picker

  • Arie 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 11, 2019 @ 09:41
    Arie
    0

    Hi,

    thanks for the answer.

    We are not using the Multi URL Picker at the moment , so it seems to be something else..

  • Luke Hook 37 posts 150 karma points
    Jul 11, 2019 @ 09:45
    Luke Hook
    0

    No problem,

    Looking further at your stack trace I'm wondering if it might be more related to the RichTextEditor in your instance.

    ConvertTinyMceAndGridMediaUrlsToLocalLink

    Are there perhaps any Rich Text fields with links to internal docs or media?

    Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully that might give you some clues though.

    Thanks, Luke

  • Sebastiaan Janssen 4847 posts 14390 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 11, 2019 @ 09:48
    Sebastiaan Janssen
    0

    Thanks, this is a bug we've just identified as well, I created an issue for it: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/5846

  • Arie 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 11, 2019 @ 11:19
    Arie
    0

    Thanks for the response. When do you expect to release this bugfix?

    Also, i've checked the umbracoDataType table, but all entries have json/null values.

  • bronzewind 35 posts 118 karma points
    Jul 24, 2019 @ 03:30
    bronzewind
    0

    I was having this same issue. I solved by reinstalling the following packages in this order and rebuilding 2 times. Yes, 2 times. I was able to reproduce it by undoing my changes and I needed 2 rebuilds again. The following packages must have the same versioning (in web - holds views and core - holds controllers), in my case is 8.1.0 and I was upgrading from 8.0.1: AutoMapper 8.1.0 UmbracoCms 8.1.0 (this just for the web project) UmbracoCms.Web 8.1.0 UmbracoCms.Core 8.1.0 Umbraco.ModelsBuilder 8.1.0 Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Api 8.1.0 Everything is running as expected

    Happy to walk through this with you if you need so.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft