Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 95 posts 248 karma points
    Jul 19, 2019 @ 19:40
    Connie DeCinko

Testing Load Balancing Setup

In order to get a feel for how load balancing works and do a "demo" is it possible to setup multiple Umbraco instances on the same server, all running under a different port, and configured for load balancing? I initially need to demonstrate how content is synced across all the servers.

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jul 19, 2019 @ 20:37
    Amir Khan

You could create different sites in IIS, all running on the same port, and test your load balancing that way. You'll just want to attach different domains or hostnames to each.

Jul 25, 2019 @ 17:30
    Connie DeCinko

Ok, so I have multiple sites on the server, all pointing to the same database. Did the machine keys. All seems to be working.

Now, I need to set these up to use a common file share. Since this is just a simple proof of concept, I will create a folder on the server for all the sites to store media and such. But is it as simple as changing the App_Data folder in IIS to point to the share?

Jul 25, 2019 @ 19:45
    Connie DeCinko

In the docs it says "The load balanced website files are located on a centralized file share..." so is that all files? With the exception of the Examine and cache and temp files? So I can put the CSS and Views and Umbraco, et.al. folders on a share? I can just create virtual directories in IIS?

Trying to do this the simples way for now just to demonstrate that all front ends will show the same content and assets.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft