Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Jul 24, 2019 @ 08:36
    Dan Evans

The default behaviour for this in Umbraco is set to "on/true" - is there a way to turn this off? I know it only creates a pointer but it's confusing to users.

• Erik-Jan Westendorp 29 posts 295 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 26, 2019 @ 11:55
    Erik-Jan Westendorp

Hi Dan,

There is no config setting or something to change this default behavior. In Umbraco.Editors.CopyController the "relate to original" option will be set to true by default. If you really want to change it you can do it here.

angular.module("umbraco").controller("Umbraco.Editors.Content.CopyController",
    function ($scope, userService, eventsService, contentResource, navigationService, appState, treeService, localizationService, notificationsService) {

var searchText = "Search...";
        localizationService.localize("general_search").then(function (value) {
            searchText = value + "...";
        });

$scope.relateToOriginal = true;
        $scope.recursive = true;
        $scope.dialogTreeApi = {};

etc.....

You can find it here:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/v8/dev/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/src/views/content/content.copy.controller.js

• Alex Bromilow 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 19, 2022 @ 15:20
    Alex Bromilow

Hi Erik,

Is there a way of amending this in v10?

Have had a look and it appears that file is added via a package at build time so is no longer accessible.

Thanks, Alex

• Splinx 50 posts 186 karma points
    Feb 18, 2020 @ 14:56
    Splinx

Hi Dan,

Did you ever find a solution to this that did not involved editing the standard Umbraco install and recompiling?

I agree with you that this setting SHOULD NOT be checked by default because I would wager that 99% of people copying do not see this checkbox let alone even understand the ramifications of checking it.

Cheers,

Splinx

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Apr 09, 2021 @ 12:39
    Craig100

Correct Splinx, I just did a load of copies and didn't realise, mainly because the switches were scrolled out of view in the pop up Copy dialogue. I'd have preferred them not to be related.

Seems daft to have it on by default. As well as the "Include descendants" as it's much more of an issue to sort out a load of descendants added in error than a single page that can be deleted and re-copied.

Now my question is, is there any way to switch those relationships off once the copies are done?

• Menno Mout 7 posts 78 karma points c-trib
    Feb 08, 2023 @ 08:16
    Menno Mout

It would be a nice feature to be able to manage the default behavior of "Relate to original". I've made a suggestion on GitHub voor this feature: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/discussions/13802

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft