Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Watkins 369 posts 701 karma points
    Aug 08, 2019 @ 14:35
    Rob Watkins

Going through various upgrade steps for the DB of old 6.1.5 site to the latest version; kept hitting the same Angular problem on 7.x:

Error: [$compile:multidir] Multiple directives [ngSwitchDefault, ngInclude] asking for transclusion on: <div ng-switch-default="" ng-include="installer.current.view">

The only way I could fix this was to change line 38 in `umbraco/install/views' from:

<div ng-switch-default ng-include="installer.current.view"></div>

to:

<div ng-switch-default><div ng-include="installer.current.view"></div></div>

The upgrade was simply an completely fresh download of the 7.1.4 version (tried a couple of 7.x and they all did the same) in an empty folder, point at old database and run, so it was not old views being left around.

With the modified index.html the upgrade ran perfectly.

What's going on here? The installer home page should presumably not fail with an Angular error straight out of the box!

Aug 19, 2019 @ 10:40
    Rob Watkins

Any ideas? At all?

• Tarik | WPPlumber 179 posts 801 karma points c-trib
    Aug 19, 2019 @ 14:09
    Tarik | WPPlumber

Two directives on the same element trying to use transclusion.

I see it as an AngularJS issue and an element needs to apply one transclusion.

ng-include is not allowed on elements with ng-switch-when or ng-switch-default

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Aug 19, 2019 @ 13:04
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Rob,

I would suggest that you try upgrading incrementally as above issue could be due to incompatible plugin. So, 1) Change unsupported data type from various plugin to label. 2) Remove all plugins 3) Move to higher version of v6.x if all good 4) Move to v7.0 if all good 5) Move to v7.6.1 (its a major release) if all good 6) Move to latest version of v7

Please can you try as we have tried upgrading v6 to latest version of 7 and have not faced above issue.

Regards,

Shaishav

https://www.digitallymedia.com/

Aug 19, 2019 @ 14:12
    Rob Watkins

Hi Shaishav, thanks for response!

I upgraded in the following increments:

6.1.5 -> 6.2.6 -> 7.0.0 -> 7.4.0 -> 7.7.13 -> 7.12.3 -> 7.15.1

As I said though, this happened on fresh installs - the only thing at install time from the old site was the database.

It does have a few installed plugins:

• ezSearch
    • Examine Inspector
    • uComponents
    • Date Folders
    • Bilis XML Sitemap
  • Dawid Ireno 1 post 71 karma points
    Dec 08, 2019 @ 14:07
    Dawid Ireno

I experienced same Angular error while upgrading 7.12.4 to 7.15.3 (as I was unable to directly upgrade to 8.3).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft