Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dileep 3 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 12, 2019 @ 05:37
    Dileep

getting System.InvalidCastException: Invalid cast from 'System.String' to 'System.Guid'. while opening Umbraco Sections

Below error is coming while opening Content Section in Umbraco 7.5.0

2019-08-12 10:59:39,651 [P18040/D13/T140] ERROR Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - Database exception occurred System.InvalidCastException: Invalid cast from 'System.String' to 'System.Guid'. at System.Convert.DefaultToType(IConvertible value, Type targetType, IFormatProvider provider) at petapocofactory10(IDataReader ) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.

Umbraco Error while clicking on Content

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Aug 12, 2019 @ 06:49
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Have you changed any data type? Basically, we have faced it when we changed field from String to Content Picker and that field had some value in the content area. Does that help?

• Dileep 3 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 12, 2019 @ 07:19
    Dileep

Thanks for your reply. On my development machine Windows is upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After installing VS 2017, imported production database to local MYSQL. After that I am getting this error while Opening Content, Media or while seeing Users details in User section.

I want to resolve this error but i dont have any clue. I have to do my further task :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft