Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pete 213 posts 285 karma points
    Aug 29, 2019 @ 17:53
    Pete

Multi language and Multi domain site

Hi

Is it possible/a good idea to run two sites (totally different domains) both with multiple languages (3 per site), on one umbraco instance/DB? (on v8)

My client would like to administer them all from just one instance for ease. I was thinking of just having 6 sites/roots on the one instance, they aren't large sites, 6 pages each.

ps dear umbraco HQ please bring tabs back on doc types :-)

Thanks Pete

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Aug 30, 2019 @ 00:12
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Pete,

Umbraco 8 in-built features is suitable for your needs. So, single instance with 2 websites and mult language is perfect fit.

In Umbraco 7, you will go with 6 sites/root but with v8 you need to just go with 2 sites/root and turn on variants feature to allow each site have multi language capability.

New approach, will allow you to have fallback content and most of your media items can be consistent and only content will change. For client, it would be better to go with new approach of 2 sites/root and turn on variants for 3 languages.

Please have a look at the language variants here. https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/getting-started/Backoffice/Variants/

Also initially, I had same reaction not seeing Tabs but then I found that hover on Content shows all the tabs and works nicely. Try it please. enter image description here

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards, Shaishav

• Pete 213 posts 285 karma points
    Aug 30, 2019 @ 14:55
    Pete

Hi Shaishav

Thanks! I'll check that out, looks perfect for the project though!

Yes I saw the dropdown on content, still prefer the old tabs! maybe they should add an option in settings for which you prefer to display ?

Pete

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Aug 30, 2019 @ 16:10
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Pete,

Please can we mark the issue solved for other user reference.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Shaishav

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft