Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Milinski 42 posts 165 karma points
    Aug 30, 2019 @ 14:27
    Brian Milinski

Link picker in RTE not working

enter image description hereHi, recently I tried to upgrade to Umbraco 17.15.1 from 17.12.2 and am now getting an error when I click on the Insert / Edit link button on the rich text editor.

Has anyone experienced this? I checked the logs and nothing is getting logged... All I get back from the Backoffice is a red pop up saying "Request Error"

Thanks for any help.

Brian https://our.umbraco.com/media/upload/f7ae515d-252f-4447-ac23-0c595cded441/Umbraco.png

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 02, 2019 @ 20:27
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Brian

Did you merge trees.config and dashboard.config?

Did you upgrade manually or via NuGet?

Did you reset ClientDependency version?

Thanks,

Alex

Sep 03, 2019 @ 15:09
    Brian Milinski

Hi Alex, I will check the trees.config and dashboard.config files. I used NuGet, so I followed the install instructions that Umbraco provides. I will have to compare the new trees.config and dashboard.config against my old files.

I did reset ClientDependency version - so that one we can cross off the checklist.

Appreciate your response, I will get back with some more information when I check the config files.

Brian

Sep 05, 2019 @ 20:04
    Brian Milinski

Hi Alex,

No luck after double checking the trees.config and dashboard.config files.

I did manage to get a more detailed error output - please see attached image. Any other thoughts?

I did back up the database before the upgrade... I could just repoint it to the old version of the database if there is no risk to doing so and retry the upgrade... I see a newer version with bug fixes has been released anyways.

Thanks for any advice from here. Brian

enter image description here

Sep 09, 2019 @ 15:00
    Brian Milinski

Any update on this Alex? I provided some more info. Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft