Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dawn Tan 6 posts 76 karma points
    Sep 03, 2019 @ 10:44
    Dawn Tan

Forms not being sent to Gmail

Hi, i've been trying to send both my contact and subscription forms to a gmail account but no emails have been received. I used to be able to send them out. All the SMTP details are correct, so i don't know what the issue is.

I'm sending these forms out through a gmail account to the same gmail account.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 03, 2019 @ 11:18
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Dawn

How did you check that SMTP is correct?

Using gmail account isn't a right way to send email. It's much better to use mailgun or sendgrid for sending emails.

Thanks, Alex

• Dawn Tan 6 posts 76 karma points
    Sep 03, 2019 @ 15:31
    Dawn Tan

Hi Alex

Thanks for the reply! I'm only the project manager, my developer sent across this screenshot and both the UN and PW are correct.

So what you're saying is that i should use 3rd party applications such as sendgrid for all the forms i have on my website?

Screenshot

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Sep 03, 2019 @ 15:43
    Paul Sterling

Hi Dawn -

One of the issues with using Gmail to send from a 3rd-party site is that you will most likely need to update your DNS records to tell Gmail that the sender is allowed.

Usually this is by adding an spf record with the IP address for the web host. You may also need to allow relay of mail by configuring the Gmail account for this, and there may be more required config :-( .

I agree with Alex that using Sendgrid (or another mail host) is likely the simplest and most reliable approach. They both offer free plans if you're not sending many messages.

-Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft